TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of October 20, 2017
1.George Washington owned a plantation called: (10 points)
- Land's End
- Carter's Grove
- Mount Shasta
- Mount Vernon
2.Which sentence is correct? (5 points)
- The trick-or-treaters wrung the doorbell then hid.
- He finally laughed, and they came out with their bags.
- It was hard to sea them in the dark.
- He didn't know witch one was which.
- The poor old man just wanted to give them gummy bares.
3.An elephant and a donkey sometimes are used as symbols for (10 points)
- NFL football teams
- political parties
- ladies' and mens' restrooms
- traffic directions
- pizza restaurants
4.Which of these occurs last in the calendar year? (5 points)
- Martin Luther King Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans' Day
- Presidents' Day
- Memorial Day
5.Which of the following would earn you the largest total? (20 points)
- A nickel a week for a month
- A quarter a month for a year
- A penny a day for a fortnight
- A dime a fortnight for a year
- A dollar a year for a year
6.In the number 3487.57639, which digit is in the ten-thousandths place? (5 points)
7.This figure from the American Revolution was also a silversmith. (5 points)
- Paul Revere
- George Washington
- Thomas Jefferson
- Ben Franklin
- James Madison
8.Which of the following is contains a stimulant? (10 points)
9.Which does not use renewable energy source? (10 points)
- Solar powered street lights
- A wind-powered grist mill
- A propane fireplace
- A geothermal heat pump
- A biodiesel forklift
10.Which has the most states along its southern border? (20 points)
- New York
© 2006-2017 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.