TeachersFirst's Middle School Brain Twisters
Week of April 19, 2017
1.Where would you find brackish water?
- a savannah
- a glacier
- a delta
- a plateau
- a fjord
2.The term "carbon footprint" has to do with
- determining the number of atoms in a molecule
- determining the age of a fossil
- determining the size of an animal's hoof
- determining the cost of charcoal
- determining the environmental impact of something/someone
3.If you need 37 boards to build a tree house and you have 23 boards, you have:
- a deficit
- an equilibrium
- an accountant
- an overdraft
- a surplus
4.In the 1920s, what did Prohibition outlaw?
- criminal gangs
- sale of alcoholic beverages
- playing cards
5.The number of keys on a piano divided by the number of vertices in a rhombus is:
6.Susan is the tallest girl on the basketball team. If she quits the team and no one else joins, the average height of the team members will:
- stay the same
- not enough information
- go down
- go up
- go up, then down
7.This troubled painter is famous for irises, a picture of a night sky, and swirling pictures of cypress trees.
8.When Renee's mom uses the expression "with a grain of salt," she is
- Speaking with skepticism
- Speaking literally
- Talking about gourmet cooking
- Talking quietly
- Talking about sore wounds
9.Which is written in first person?
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- The Raven
- Casey at the Bat
- Tom Sawyer
- Winnie the Pooh
10.Which would NOT be a likely term heard in the music room?
© 2006-2017 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.