TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of November 22, 2020
1.In what time period did the first Thanksgiving take place?
- The 19th century
- The 20th century
- The 18th century
- The 16th century
- The 17th century
2.Which song has purple mountains?
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic
- Yankee Doodle
- The national anthem
- America the Beautiful
3.Which state is matched with the wrong capital?
- South Carolina - Columbia
- New York - Albany
- Maine - Augusta
- Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
- Connecticut - Hartford
4.Which sentence is correct?
- Doing homework is a pane.
- I'm afraid I might loose them on the way to school.
- They're all due tomorrow.
- Just when I've red my assignments, I have to go to bed.
- My blew notebook is already full of papers.
5.Kip wants a new game for his game system. It costs $48. His weekly allowance is $15, but he spends $7 each week on bus fare. For how many weeks must he save to buy the game?
6.Which has the longest "year"?
7.Mary is making stuffing for Thanksgiving. The recipe calls for 1/3 cup of bread cubes for each pound of turkey. If the turkey weighs 18 pounds, how many cups of bread will Mary need?
- 6 cups
- 4 1/3 cups
- 3 cups
- 5 2/3 cups
- 6 2/3 cups
8.When someone is between a rock and a hard place, he...
- is a chip of the old block
- has stars in his eyes
- wears his heart on his sleeve
- is wearing rose colored glasses
- can't win for losing
9.Turkeys are unlike most birds because:
- They can barely fly
- They have a distinctive call
- They have feathers
- They lay eggs
- They build nests
10.Which would not be part of a poem?
© 2006-2020 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.